Roderick H. McCloy*
* Practicing through Professional Law Corporation
- Professional Association
- Community Involvement
Roderick McCloy retired from SHK Law as of April 30, 2021. For any enquiries regarding Rod’s files, please contact Seema Lal.
While he was with SHK, Rod was a business lawyer at SHK with a practice that embraced a wide range of commercial transactions, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, and other corporate matters.
In his practice as a real estate lawyer, Rod advised clients on real estate transactions and commercial mortgage lending.
Rod has additional expertise with wills and estate planning.
He has also represented many new car dealers and their associations for many years.
Before becoming Associate Counsel at SHK in 2004, Rod was a long-time partner at Jones McCloy Peterson. Rod has also worked overseas in Nigeria teaching commercial and corporate law, marketing and economics at Kaduna Polytechnic.
He is a regular participant in seminars, a lecturer for various industry groups, the representative to the International Business Law Consortium and the author of numerous articles for the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC.
Deeply active in the community, Rod has held multiple executive positions with various organizations around Vancouver, including president and director roles at Kidsport Canada, Sport BC, Terminal City Club, Naval Officers Association of BC and the Canadian Club of Vancouver, among others. He is currently President of the Vancouver Naval Museum & Heritage Society.
- Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal
- Bronze and Silver Medallions, Naval Association of Canada
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Vancouver Bar Association
- Member, Banking Law Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member, Business Law Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member, Natural Resources Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member, Real Property Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member, Wills and Estates Law Section, Canadian Bar Association (BC Branch)
- Member Representative, International Business Law Consortium
- Member, Personal Property Security Act Users Forum
1965 to 1968 – Royal Canadian Navy Reserve – Officer Cadet and Sub-Lieutenant
1972 to 1974 – CUSO
1987 to 1995 – Naval Officers Association of B.C. – Director; Vice – President (1991-1993); President (1993-1995)
1988 to 1994 – Canadian Club of Vancouver – Director; Vice – President; President
1988 to 1995 – Vancouver Business Exchange Club – Director; Vice – President; President
1988 to 1992 – Dunbar Little League coach
1990 to 1992 – Arbutus Club Minor Hockey Committee Chair
1991 to 1999 – Terminal City Club – Director; Vice – President (1996 – 1997); President (1997-1998)
1998 to 2005 – Sport B.C. – Director; Vice – Chair (2004-2005)
2005 to 2011 – Kidsport Canada – Director and President (2005 -2008); Director and Past President (2008 -2011)
2005 to date – Vancouver Naval Museum and Heritage Society – Director; President (2008 to date)