We understand the stress and uncertainty that accompany professional discipline procedures, and are there to assist you every step of the way, through investigations, hearings, appeals and applications for judicial review.
We are proud to represent professionals in disputes with their regulatory bodies as part of our overarching expertise in professional liability, including:
- Legal professionals in matters before the Law Society of BC and the Society of Notaries Public of BC
- Insurance professionals in matters before the Insurance Council of BC and the Insurance Brokers Association of BC
- Financial sector professionals before the Canadian Mortgage Brokers Association, the Financial Institutions Commission, the BC Securities Commission, and the Chartered Professional Accountants of BC
- Construction professionals before the Architectural Institute of BC, the Engineers and Geoscientists of BC, and the Applied Science Technologists and Technicians of BC
- Health sector professionals before the BC Colleges of Pharmacists, Psychologists, Dental Surgeons, Dental Hygienists, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Acupuncturists, Massage Therapists, Registered Nurses, Naturopathic Physicians, Chiropractors, Physical Therapists and Veterinarians
- Real Estate professionals before the Real Estate Council of BC
- Law Enforcement before the Vancouver Police Board
- Educators before the BC College of Teachers
- Clergy in disciplinary proceedings brought by religious institutions
- Athletes in matters brought pursuant to the Court of Arbitration for Sport, the Sport Dispute Resolution Centre of Canada, the BC Soccer Association Appeals Committee and the Canadian Soccer Association
Our approach is to do whatever we can to preserve your professional reputation and minimize the effects of disciplinary procedures on your career. We recognize that you are sophisticated and we take a proactive approach that empowers you to make practical, effective decisions.
We also act as counsel for professional boards, tribunals and other regulatory bodies, and provide advice and training to regulatory organizations and their members respecting professional standards of conduct, risk management, governance, privacy, industry trends, legal updates and discipline.